A letter from our Club President
BayLands FrontRunners have responded well to the COVID-19 Shelter In Place guidelines: Our virtual Circle-ups with a virtual moderator on Zoom allow us to say hello or wave to each other while spending Saturday mornings at home or being physically distanced during an outdoor walk or run. Our new website with the monthly TIDES newsletter, and the weekly BLFR Briefs delivered to your inbox keep us all connected.
Even though we are eager to circle-up again at the Baylands Athletic Center, we must continue to follow the guidelines of Santa Clara County and the City of Palo Alto for the following reasons:
- Everyone’s health and safety is of utmost importance.
- We want to maintain the great relationship we have built with Park Rangers.
- Violations of county and/or city guidelines could prevent us from being able to use the parking lot or brunch site in the future.
- We could be fined if we violated the City of Palo Alto guidelines.
- If groups such as ours disregard the guidelines, the parking lot and all or parts of the Baylands Preserve could be closed down again.
Hopefully, COVID-19 guidelines will be revised by the end of July, at which time BLFR will re-evaluate our options for circling-up. In the meantime, keep up the good work, and email photos and descriptions of how/where you are exercising to firstname.lastname@example.org.