With COVID-19, you may be wondering what is happening with the race series we started earlier this year. The race series took a pause to see how COVID-19 would unfold. Given current guidance from Santa Clara County, and the uncertainty on when larger groups will be allowed to meet, the club is resuming the race series with some changes.
First, events through September are all virtual. This means participate by signing up for the non-trial runs and then running or walking anywhere and reporting your results to the race organizer and to me. Second, we will evaluate in early August whether the October and later events can occur in-person and communicate a decision by August 7th.
The updated series is below.
Race series schedule (revised)
- Saturday, February 8 (9:00 am) – Trial run #1 (3.2 or 4.8 mile route) @ Palo Alto Baylands
- June 26-29 – Virtual Seattle Frontrunners Run/Walk with Pride 5k and 10k (anywhere you can run or walk 5k or 10k)
- July 20 – July 26 – Virtual Wharf to Wharf (6 mile) (anywhere you can run or walk 6 miles)
- August 1 – 31 – Marin County Half Marathon, 5k, and 10k (anywhere you can run or walk a half marathon, 5k, or 10k in the U.S.)
- September 12-20 – Trial run #2 (3.2 or 4.8 mile route) – virtual@ Palo Alto Baylands (or anywhere you’d like)
- Saturday, October 10 (9:00 am) – EBFRW Pride Run (5k run, 10k run, 5k walk) @ Oakland, CA
- Saturday, November 14 (9:00 am) – Trial run #3 (3.2 or 4.8 mile route) @ Palo Alto Baylands
- Sunday, December 13 (9:00 am)* – Christmas Relays @ San Francisco, CA
* Date was extrapolated from the 2019 edition. Date is being confirmed.
If you have subscribed to the BayLands calendar (go to the calendar and click on “Subscribe” at the bottom) , all these races have already been added.